:root { --light: #0000FE; --dark: #EEF279; --main: #0000FE; --main-80: #0000FE80; }

Electrical installation Conditioning Reporting

Do you have peace of mind when it comes to your home domestic electrics? Do you have the appropriate paperwork stating your home electrics are safe? Have you just moved and want to have a report on the status of your home electrics to give you the peace of mind that your electrics have been checked and you know what is safe and what is not?

Electrical Installation Certification

Since 2005, all electrical work in your house, whether carried out professionally or as part of a DIY project, must meet the requirements of Part P of the Building Regulations. Part P is in place to keep you and your family safe from electrical hazards and applies to all domestic properties, including electrical alterations and additions to those electrical installations.

By law you are responsible for making sure all the electrical work undertaken in your home meets the requirements of Part P and if not you are committing a criminal offence. Did you know that Local Authorities have the power to make homeowners and or landlords remove or alter any work that does not meet the requirements of the Building Regulations?

Do you know what electrical work is notifiable ?

Electrical work requiring notification includes:

- Circuit alteration or addition in a special location*

- Installation of one or more new circuits

- Installation of a replacement consumer unit (fuse box)

- Rewire of all circuits

- Partial rewire

- New full electrical installation (new build)

*for example a bathroom